- The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
Barrister Dr Huma Sodher is a thought leader and a highly accomplished expert with multi-jurisdictional and multifaceted legal, regulatory and finance experience of Policymaking, C-Suite Advisory, Cross-border Financial Crimes, Technology & Artificial Intelligence, Islamic Finance, Sustainable, Responsible and Ethical Financing, Legal and Regulatory Risk Management, Litigation, Investigation, Adjudication, Cross-Cultural Talent Management, Research and Training in Leadership Roles.
She is an accomplished Lawyer, Former Judge, Policymaker, Standard-Setter, Chartered Accountant, Researcher and Professional Trainer. She holds a doctorate degree in law (PhD - Law) from UK and is a practicing Barrister based in London, with 15+ years’ professional and legal research experience in EMEA, CIS, APAC and North American regions. She is a former Research Fellow of Harvard Law School (USA) and ISRA (International Research Organisation established by Central Bank of Malaysia. She is also a Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA - UK), Certified Islamic Professional Accountant (CIPA) and both a Law and Commerce Graduate, with an outstanding academic and research background.
Her career highlights are listed below:
- Licensed and Practising Barrister. She has worked with leading Queen’s Counsels, Forensic Experts and Senior Partners of Law Firms on High Profile Complex Cross-Border Multi-Billion Dollar Boiler Room Frauds and Ponzi Scheme Cases in the United Kingdom.
- Former Civil Judge, Pakistan.
- First female to lead the Directorate of Technical and Corporate Development of the AAOIFI (International Standard-Setter Organisation for IFIs). Developed Standards with AAOIFI Board Members (Senior Representatives of MDBs, Central Banks, FIs, National Accounting Standards Boards, Big 4 and Legal 500 firms).
- Author of several Legal Research Notes (practice notes and example documentation) for Thomson Reuters and its online knowledge platforms (UK-based: “Practical Law” and GCC-based: “Zawya”).
- Publication of Research Papers in 8th and 9th Harvard University Forum Proceedings, Harvard Law School (USA).
- Member Editorial Board – International Law Journal on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
- C-Suite Legal Advisor of both conventional and Islamic financial institutions and Consultancies.
- Assurance & Business Advisory, A.F. Ferguson & Co (Member firm of PwC).
- Certification holder from First World-Wide Batch of Certified Islamic Professional Accountants (CIPA).
- Recipient of Gold Medals, International and National Scholarships, Fellowships, and Research Grants.